It's a boy again!
- I have to admit that after 3 boys I was hoping for a girl, finally, but of course the odds were against me and I have one more bouncing baby boy on the way! I was not dissappointed and am looking forward to my baby boy...after all, I know what to expect already!
- —Guest Outnumbered
choosing not to find out
- My DH and I have chosen not to find out the sex early. Somehow it feels to me like we are taking some of the joy out of the birth day. I can understand the inkling tho, I go for my US in 2 hours and the temptation is hard to resist!! LOL We will be happy with whatever we get, this had been a very hard fought for pregnancy. But honestly I would like a girl and I know my hubby would love a boy. From the moment we find out tho I don't think its going to matter. We will be so thrilled to have a baby. Thank goodness I love yellows and greens cause that's the colours in the nursery lol.
- —Guest ave
It's a Boy!
- For many reasons I wanted a boy. We only tried to have a second child in the first place after our daughter kept asking for a baby sister. After weighing all the pros and cons we thought it was best to have a second child. Our daughter only wanted a baby sister, not a baby brother she would tell us over and over. We explained it might be a boy but she was not having it. When the doctor told us it was a boy my wife and I were actually disappointed because we were not sure how our daughter would react. At first she was saying the same thing that she wanted a baby sister. But she changed heart at some moment and she is very much looking forward to her baby brother now. Which makes us very happy. And now I can feel happy about having my little boy too. As well as someone can now carry on the family name.
- —Guest Stay-At-Home Dad
Dissapointed , wanted another boy.
- I have to admit I'm disappointed. I have a boy and was hoping this was another. Since both kids are going to be close in age I was hoping for the same sex. I PRAY this is a healthy baby, that goes without saying. "Mother's intuition" was telling me boy the whole time. All the old wives tales were pointing to boy. I walked into the ultrasound confident she was going to say BOY but when she said Girl, my expression went blank. I played it up so I didn't look like a monster. I now I will get over these feelings and love her to death, but I know deep down I will always want another boy. I feel very very guilty.
- —Guest Crissy
Ultrasound always wrong for me!
- With my first pregnancy I was told at 22 weeks that I was definitely having a boy. I had our nursery painted blue, and stocked dressers full of boy clothes and blue blankets. The big day finally came... AND IT WAS A GIRL. Three years later I was pregnant with my second child. At 22 weeks, my ultrasound determined "It's definitely a girl!" Imagine how shocked we were when I gave birthday to a baby BOY later that year! Our ultra sound was wrong BOTH times. Now I am pregnant with my third and I'm not sure if I can even trust what the sonographer says!
- —Guest 3rdTimesACharm
- I am confused how someone can be so disapointed finding out the sex of their baby. I wanted a boy and had a girl 2 times in a row, I was happy, I wanted a boy for my second and I got a boy, 2 in a row. I was happy, and now I'm expecting again, I'm not sure what it is yet but I'm sure whatever this little person is I am going to be just as happy. The husband's that don't speak to their spouse because the sex of their baby wasn't what they wanted, they have problems. I would be so angry at my husband if he EVER stopped speaking to me because the baby wasn't what HE wanted. It's your baby, get over it and love them no matter what. Just crazy, I love all my kids no matter what they are, and I didn't even plan the one I'm expecting but I will love him/her the same as the others.
- —Guest mom of 5
Mixed up feeling
- I am a mother of 17 months little boy and 19 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I went for an ultrasound test and the tech told me it's a girl. Since my husband was keen to have another boy, I felt bad and now I can't get over it. I really like to have a sister to my son, but .....hopefully the tech made a mistake.
- —Guest jeje
It's a BOY!!!
- My husband and I have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl almost 3 years ago. I am now 20 weeks into pregnancy #2. As far as the gender goes I can honestly say that I would have been thrilled with either. A beautiful little sister for my daughter or a beautiful little son for my husband. It was a win win situation for me. My husband did not feel the same. He desperately wanted his boy. So we invited both of our moms into the sonogram room to take part in the gender determination. The sonographer showed us his genitals and my mother screamed "OH MY GOODNESS IT'S A BOY!" my husband was so overjoyed that he actually jumped up onto the sonogram table to give me a big hug and kiss. I think the sonographer was started. Both of our mom's and my husband were screaming and jumping for joy. It was definitely a sight to see. I am so happy for them and my little family! We are one of those very lucky couples that have one of each. I am thrilled that I can say I am finished having children!
- —Guest Mommy of 2
It's a girl!!!
- It's my first pregnancy and since the beginning my fiancé and I wanted a girl. Finally a week ago we found out it's a girl. At first when everyone found out I was pregnant my mom was disappointed because I'm bearly 21 and she wanted me to enjoy life. And through my pregnancy she changed and wasn't mad anymore and she even told me she wants a girl and when we found out my financé and I were super happy. We surprised our families and my mom was the one happy at the end when she found out I was having a girl. I still can't get over it and I can tell you she's going to be spoiled. She is also going to be a daddy's little girl.
Happy Happy Joy!.....
- When my 1st child I knew I was having a boy, my husband was over the moon with that 1st child been a boy. I had my second shorty after and it was another boy. Both labours were very easy. It's been 5 years, both my kids are now in primary school and I am expecting another child, not really sure what it could be but I have had good feed back to say I am having a girl, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see on Thursday coming up to know the real results.
Are you Sure? I still don't beleive it.
- This is child # 4 - already have 2 girls and 1 boy. I was praying for a boy. She said it is girl. I still don't believe it. I am going back again to see my regular sonographer this time. I'll be very disappointed if it is a girl, what can I teach 3 girls, I was a tom boy growing up!
- —Guest Tash
Hoping for a boy
- I have read all the responses and I agree with so many of the ones with disappointment. I understand the arguments about just being happy that it's healthy but isn't this an opportunity for us to be honest NOT cliche. This isn't a place to be judged and if everyone was HONEST all the time I'm sure that we all feel a way that we wished be didn't but just can't help. SO please ladies leave the judging comments for your diary. Anyways my comment is I'm seriously, honestly afraid. I have 2 boys, best of friends and I'm now expecting a third, I hope with all my heart that it is a boy. I really want to stick with what I know and being a female I know the stress involved. This world is an easier place to grow for a boy and my husband is an amazing father, surrounded by my boys, Queen of my castle doesn't seem like a bad place to be. I'm not saying that I'd give "her" back but if I was honest and I could choose it would be simple, BOY all the way!
- —Guest Lana
Wanting another girl for 3rd baby!
- My first baby was a girl, she is now 5. I wanted a boy at first but when I found out she was a girl I was even more excited then I thought! My second baby is a boy, I always knew I would have my set. Now 3 years later and I'm 32 weeks preggo with our 3rd baby and we have no clue what the sex is! It's very nerve racking to tell the truth! But I do want another little girl! Hopefully we can really find out this coming Monday or next month.
- —Guest Erica
It's a boy!
- I had an ultrasound at 17 weeks because of some intense back pain. They found I have a low lying placenta, that should move. In process we found out it is very clearly he's a boy! I was hoping for a girl and my family even bought stuff we had to take back... A little disappointed at first until I saw the little guy sucking his thumb and moving around. I couldn't stay disappointed for long, not to mention a very excited daddy.
- I had a son with my first pregnancy, and this one is with a different man me, him, and his whole family were hoping for a girl and we got one! After the fist ultrasound I was a bit disappointed because I saw parts that looked pretty definitely to be boy parts, but then it was a girl! We're so blessed!
- —Guest Rachel