It's a girl
- I'm so excited to know the gender of my my baby, me & my hubby go to my ob to have check up / have ultrasound. We were both excited. My hubby wants a baby boy but for me I want a baby girl, and when we see the result, It's a girl. I'm very happy, even my hubby wants a baby, he is now excited to see our little princess.
- —Guest Sweet
- Our son is 15 months old. A year before we conceived, I knew we'd have a boy first. This time around, I felt it was a girl. I even started buying girl clothes from the get go. So it was no surprise when we saw her on the ultrasound. I've never cared what we have; but I always seem to just know.
- —Guest Karsen
A handsome lil man
- From the moment I found out I was pregnant I was DYING to know what it was. I wanted a girl sooo bad. And I still do, someday, but when the technician said, 'it's a boy' I was at a loss for words. I still am. Pregnancy alone hasn't totally sunk in, but I love my beautiful baby boy and I can't wait to meet him!
- —Guest Sarah
- I cannot believe some woman on here posting that they were so upset because they didn't get the boy or girl they wanted, you should be thankful that you can have kids because some people cant. I have 2 boys and am pregnant now, of course I would love a little girl around the house but I am not going to sit there and cry over it....you should love your baby no matter what and be happy with that. It isn't the babies fault. Geesh people.
- —Guest Ashley
It's a boy......again!
- I feel ashamed and embarrassed. Iam having my 4th boy and was absolutely desperate for a girl. I had convinced myself that it was a girl and thought the scan would confirm this but sadly it did not. I tried to console myself that the most important thing is that my baby is healthy but l still get very teary and constantly wonder my prayers are not answered. I get pangs whenever I see baby girls and wake up in the early hours of the morning unable to sleep questioning why me! Why can't I have baby girl. I only ever wanted one boy and one girl! Now even the consilation of my baby being healthy has been taken from me as there is concern over the his health. I have a further scan booked with a senior Dr for the 18th November. Pray for me that all will be well. I feel as though I am being punished for not accepting the wonderful gift that God has given me. But I will always feel anguish and a little despair that I never had my longed for daughter.
- —Guest Ronnie
Another little man!!!
- I already have one son, and a step son from my fiance and last week we found out we were having another little man!! A lot of people thought we would prefer a girl to 'complete' our family, but when the sonographer told us at 20 weeks we were having a boy, we were both absolutely lost for words - We are absolutely ecstatic. I will be the only female in a household full of men and totally outnumbered....and I can't imagine it any other way. So so happy baby Jack is healthy and has two amazing big brothers and the best dad in the world.
- Hi I went for my 20 wk sonogram yesterday' I asked for a copy of my report to see if my fibroids had grown. Later that night I'm reading it over and I see female genital was seen. I nearly passed out. Being that its a miracle I became pregnant do to multiple large fibroids. I just wanted a healthy baby. Even though I prefer boys. My 1st was a boy with anomalies" he passed on at 3; that was my heart. Then I had another boy who will be 14 this month. My husband does not know its a girl he never wanted one. Well if all goes well he will find out in March. This is driving me nuts. I think its ridiculous he should just be happy for a healthy baby. My sister said she thinks he is gonna be crazy over his baby girl. I have my doubts. I think this might push us apart. But if something like this can break up 20 years then it wasn't really meant to be. My son said he does not care either way he just wants a sibling. Well he can set an example for his father. I will try not to stress about.
- —Guest denise
- Hi I went for my 20 wk sonogram yesterday' I asked for a copy of my report to see if my fibroids had grown. Later that night I'm reading it over and I see female genital was seen" I nearly passed out. Being that its a miracle I became pregnant do to multiple large fibroids. I just wanted a healthy baby. Even though I prefer boys.my 1st was a boy with anomalies" he passed on at 3; that was my heart.Then I had another boy who will be 14 this month. My husband does not know its a girl he never wanted one.Well if all goes well he will find out.This is driving me nuts. I think its ridiculous he should just be happy for a healthy baby.My sister said she thinks he is gonna be crazy over his baby girl" I have my doubts. I think this might push us apart. But if something like this can break up 20 years then it wasn't really meant to be. My son said he does not care either way he just wants a sibling. Well he can set an example for his father. I will try not to stress about it.
- —Guest denise
After 3 boys...
- I have 3 boys so when my husband and I went to my first sonogram we were hoping my doctor would tell me its a girl. When he said the words, "It's a girl!" I started to cry I was so happy!
- —Guest excited
It's a Boy!!!
- After having 3 boys I was really hoping to experience having a little girl, I'm 20 weeks pregnant and expecting another boy, I can't say I was not disappointed but realized that a house full of men is really not that bad, I will continue being the queen and only woman in the house. I feel Blessed!
- —Guest Marisol
As long as the baby is healthy...
- I really want a boy but if its a girl so be it. I read some of the previous post where future mothers were upset because they were having girls. How would they feel if their mothers felt that way about them. Men determine the sex of the baby. So blame them.
- —Guest lala
Sex of your baby
- Way back when, in 1965 before sonograms, my baby girl was born and I just said "a girl" wanted a boy cause I had a girl already and you know have to have a son for my man, god can't believe how I thought in those days (sure it still goes on) but then I held her and she was "my baby" and that was all that was important.
- —Guest MLL
GET OVER IT
- I think when you are "disappointed" in the gender of your child, you need to realize that it is not the baby's fault, it is not your fault and everything happens for a reason. I am 19 and having my first baby, but second pregnancy. Realizing that this is not only the BEST thing that has ever happened to me, I will be happy to find out if it is a boy or a girl and can't wait for the little screamer to take its first breath.
- —Guest Tennille
Just a little disappointed
- ItS A BoY! Naturally my husband wanted a boy, but I was leaning more towards a girl, mainly because my sister has had 2 boys and it would have been my parents first grand daughter, but since this is my first baby I have really warmed up to it quickly, and am super excited about having my baby boy! (: I'm just hoping on a healthy baby.
- —Guest Kristi
Girls are pretty awesome.
- My husband and I have an 18-month-old daughter; on the outset, we both were leaning towards boy, as my hubby is the last male to carry on his name. However, in the past year and a half, we've both fallen so head over heels in love with our Olivia, we couldn't imagine a different scenario. Now, I am 4.5 months pregnant with baby #2, and while we'd love to have a baby boy to "round it out" ... we both have to admit, little girls are pretty amazing, and we'd be more than happy to have another. Frankly, raising a little man scares the hell out of both of us. So as I read through some of these depressing comments here, where women feel at fault and their husbands are inconsolable over a female child, I just don't understand all the despair. A healthy baby is a blessing, the gender really should not be of such great importance. This isn't China - try again!
- —Guest Mallory