From the article: Could the ultrasound be wrong about baby's sex?
Ultrasound is used to determine if your baby is a boy or girl in pregnancy. Parents rely on these answers, but sometimes they are wrong. One study showed that women who experienced the wrong gender assignment had conflicts in their marriage and even domestic violence. While this is extreme, you can imagine that there is sadness and shock. Have you experienced this? How did you find out they were wrong? And what happened after that? How long did it take to come to terms with it? Share Your Experience
- I had a ultrasound at 15 weeks and 5 days they said girl I already have four girls and was so convinced it was a boy any thoughts if the ultrasound was wrong
- —Guest Afsha
- I think my u/s is wrong I know I'm preg with a boy and was told today its girl @ 17w 4d ultrasound but I refuse to believe it. All my symptoms and instincts are telling me its a Boy. Will wait for my 21 week u/s :-)
- —Guest Thembeka
- I m 29 week pregnant and I did my ultrasound yesterday it said girl bt I want boy its my first baby too according to old waves it said boy n my baby heart bit also only130. My first ultrasound said its boy now its says girl I m confused plz help me.
- —Guest jita
- i was 19weks and my dr said i was having a girl but i was so sure i was having a boy cuz i have 4 girls now i go to the dr every wek cuz am hig rk i went back at 22wek they still said girl but this time my pic look diff i see aboy part and its not hard i try lookin real hard to see if it could be something else but theres no way that can be anything but a boy part so we will see there sayin girl
- —Guest jazzy
I think im having a boy
- I have my baby's ultra sound pictures but the doctor couldn't tell me what im having because shes not inclined. but it looks like you can see his pee pee. I think, but then again im not sure if I'm right or not.
- —Guest Jasmine
- Well I was 16weeks pregnant n was told dat its noy visible than it must b a girl coz boys genital area comes out very clear so wen I did again after a month n it was really a girl...now its my second pregnancy n in 14 weeks she herself said it looks like a male baby but its really too early to say as I was nt ready to lstn abt the gender thing she herself said n now my hopes r up...and if it goes wrong I vl b really furious at her by tellng me ...f u r nt sure y u gve hopes and tell others....let's see waiting for more tym den vl do it hope its the same...
- —Guest shinrya
- My last periods were on the 3rd of May and today when I went to see the Dr,he said I am 11w2d pregnant. How is this possible cos when I count I am 9w5d,PLS HELP!
- —Guest Siza
I want a girl!!
- Was told its a boy at 19 weeks then again at 23 weeks. We already have 3 boys but Im 100% the test are wrong. Pics were not clear and I know my body especially after carrying 3 boys.
- —Guest Dylan
- Sory i just wanted to know how long ago was that because i am stresing with my scan reault which they said its a girl md hope it changes
- —Guest Rose
- With my 3 kids I correctly guessed their gender. This one I thought was a girl but at my scan at 17wks dr said 99% boy. Have to go back to confirm in 2 days!
- —Guest Annie
- I have a 3 y/o son and expecting our 2nd child. My hubby & I didn't really have a preference as to gender & just always wanted a healthy baby. At 18 weeks, we had our baby "measured" which was the same time we were told that we're expecting a girl! It was great news since our families both wanted a girl. Then I went again for an ultrasound at 24 weeks and the baby is no doubt a boy. I'm not sure why ultraspund techs would try to make determinations when it's too early to tell. Sometimes it's better to exercise the good ol' method of having the patients wait to be sure. We are happy either way, but now we have to break the news to our son and have him get used to saying "baby brother" instead of him referring to my belly as "baby sister".
- —Guest Lala
- We had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and they said it was pretty obvious what it was. We had a gender reveal party and found out it was a girl. I was elated as this is what i wanted. At my 21 week 6 days scan they say no its pretty obvious its a boy. I was pretty devastated because i thought i was getting my girl. I dont know what to believe and at this point i wont believe it till i see it when its born!!!
- —Guest Lisa
- Was told at my anatomy scan (19+4 weeks) that I was having twin boys. Consultant is very experienced (30+ years) and said she was almost 100% sure. At 25+4 I went for a 3d scan and plain as day saw girly bits for one of the twins so am now having a boy and a girl. I don't mind as I've a girl already but found it strange getting my head around it after 6 weeks of thinking I was having two sons. Of course I'm still thrilled. I have read stories online since where a girl may have her thumb down there causing some confusion on a 2d scan.
- —Guest Anon
- With my 1st child, a sonographer said that baby was 'probably' a girl. At 21 weeks she confirmed that yes, its a girl. But for some reason I just knew it was a boy. So we picked a girls name, but I had a boys name in my head, and told everyone to not buy pink clothes because baby was a boy....needless to say, they all thought I was crazy. Had another scan at 34 weeks and, once again, was told I was having a little girl. I still refused to believe it, I KNEW I was having a boy and was proved right when my beautiful son was born. I didn't ask the gender of my second child lol
- —Guest shell
- i am 14 weeks pregnant and told that i have a baby girl but i feel like i am carrying a boy, the doctor said 95% it is a girl as hi din t see a penis up i don t know for sure the heart bet was 150 hoping is a boy...
- —Guest faith
1-15 of 41Next