From the article: 10 Most Popular Fetal Nicknames
Everyone wants to bond with their baby in pregnancy. And going around saying "it" or "the baby" gets old after awhile. Typically you don't even think about nick naming the baby, it just happens. Someone says something funny and Hot Pepper, or whatever else was so funny, is the new code word for baby. Perhaps you had an early ultrasound and your baby looked like a jelly bean or peanut, that can be a quick route to a fetal nick name. Did you have a fetal nick name? Who came up with it? How did it happen? Share Your Fetal Names
- We wanted a gender neutral name and it played off zygote and the old Ziggy cartoon that was sort of a gender neutral character.
- —Guest Laura
- my girl friend is pregnent and in stead of saying the baby he she or it we say blob now when the baby's born imma call it blob for ever it's my little blob lol
- —Guest goodbar
- Noah will be his name, and his brother who just turned three cant seem to say it. He says "noone" instead. It stuck, and now as I am setting up a crib I hear things like that "is that for noone?". Its cute, and funny, but if it sticks after he's born... well poor kid!
- —Guest Noone
Baby name before birth
- My husband coined the name "Cletus"- as in Cletus the fetus. Of course it will change when we find out the sex, but he swears it will forever have the nickname Cletus!
- —Guest Rachel
- When we first saw our baby on ultrasound "it" was the size of a Kumquat or a Prune.. We want to be surprised the day of the birth and not wanting to call the baby "it" for months the name Kumquat stuck and that's what we call our growing fetus :)
- —Guest Liz
- We call our little one the bean. At first my fiancé called it Lil munchkin but I just liked the bean so much more :)
- —Guest Marie
- Cletus the fetus was what we called our first baby.
- —Guest Steph
- Every ultrasound we have had, the baby resembles a different critter, from tadpole to an ailen. Maybe the next u/s it will look like a human lol
- —Guest Josh
- When we first found out we were pregnant I was 5 weeks along, a friend and I googled pictures of a 5 week old fetus and it looked like a tiny Tadpole... so affectionately we nicknamed our little boy "Taddy".... once he started to resemble a baby more than tadpole we changed his nickname to "Button" and it's stuck the remainder of the pregnancy! We can't wait to meet our little button boy
- —Guest Button2013
- my baby nick name in my belly is CHINTU.when my husband krishna say chintu my son he kick oh wow what a feeling
- —Guest archita
- We found out at five weeks and watched a short clip about the early process of gestation. That inspired "The blob" as our first nickname :) Now that our baby is more human looking, we've taken to "Da babes". It started because that was my husband can address both of us at the same time ;P
- —Guest faith james
- We call our little one Rambo because every time we have an ultrasound it tries to fight the Doppler
- —Guest Sofiee
- When we got our first sonogram he looked like a little squid. So obviously with Sponge Bob influence it came to be.
- —Guest Kelsey
- Have called my 4 year old smalls since I was pregnant with her. Still call her smalls to this day. :) I call my daughter I'm pregnant with now Lucy, but I want a cute nickname for her too.
- —Guest April
- my nickname is rainbow,one day a friend took a picture of us kissing and titled it "taste the rainbow"., after we announced that we were pregnant his best friend told him, " boy or girl I'm calling the kid Skittles " ... the name stuck!
- —Guest beth
1-15 of 258Next