From the article: 10 Most Popular Fetal Nicknames
Everyone wants to bond with their baby in pregnancy. And going around saying "it" or "the baby" gets old after awhile. Typically you don't even think about nick naming the baby, it just happens. Someone says something funny and Hot Pepper, or whatever else was so funny, is the new code word for baby. Perhaps you had an early ultrasound and your baby looked like a jelly bean or peanut, that can be a quick route to a fetal nick name. Did you have a fetal nick name? Who came up with it? How did it happen? Share Your Fetal Names
- Im 31 weeks pregnant right n0w and had my ultrasound... my 2years old son (youngest,as of now) call his little brother in my tummy BABY AYI... i don't kn0w where did he getS that idea but it s0unds sweet...
- —Guest Joy
- When I had my first ultrasound at 10 weeks, my son looked like exactly like a gummy bear, with little nubbies for arms and legs. That's what we called him until we found out the gender.
- —Guest Ellen
- Our first was Noodle, second was Bean, third was Cricket and this one is Gumdrop. My kids love calling him/her Gumdrop! :-)
- —Guest K
- Thought I was going to get out of the morning sickness then at 7w it hit... All day and all night... Hence the nick name "chuck" :P
- —Guest Sambo
- Thought it was cute because she was hitching a ride for 9 months!
- —Guest Teresa
- We call ours Pat because we are not finding out the gender. Like Pat on SNL
- —Guest valerie
- My first ultrasound my baby was just moving around they couldn't get a good picture
- —Guest shonte
- We wanted a gender neutral name and it played off zygote and the old Ziggy cartoon that was sort of a gender neutral character.
- —Guest Laura
- my girl friend is pregnent and in stead of saying the baby he she or it we say blob now when the baby's born imma call it blob for ever it's my little blob lol
- —Guest goodbar
- Noah will be his name, and his brother who just turned three cant seem to say it. He says "noone" instead. It stuck, and now as I am setting up a crib I hear things like that "is that for noone?". Its cute, and funny, but if it sticks after he's born... well poor kid!
- —Guest Noone
Baby name before birth
- My husband coined the name "Cletus"- as in Cletus the fetus. Of course it will change when we find out the sex, but he swears it will forever have the nickname Cletus!
- —Guest Rachel
- When we first saw our baby on ultrasound "it" was the size of a Kumquat or a Prune.. We want to be surprised the day of the birth and not wanting to call the baby "it" for months the name Kumquat stuck and that's what we call our growing fetus :)
- —Guest Liz
- We call our little one the bean. At first my fiancé called it Lil munchkin but I just liked the bean so much more :)
- —Guest Marie
- Cletus the fetus was what we called our first baby.
- —Guest Steph
- Every ultrasound we have had, the baby resembles a different critter, from tadpole to an ailen. Maybe the next u/s it will look like a human lol
- —Guest Josh
1-15 of 265Next