Do you like to watch movies? Are there any movies that you would recommend pregnant women avoid? What movie makes your list and why? Share Your Experience
Alien or Prometheus
- Nothing worse than the thought that your little treasure may be a horrible monster that will burst out of you at any time killing you in the process. Oh yeah.. and watching a woman perform a c-section on herself is a barrel of fun.
- —Guest Jess
- I swear, that movie put me into labor with my second child.
- My hubby hired it out when I was DUE with our first child and it had a baby on the cover so assumed I would enjoy it. It starts off with a women DYING in labour and her husband having to raise the baby on his own then falling in love with the nanny he hires as help .... not exactly what you want to be thinking about when your about to give birth, especially for the first time!! Good on Hubby for trying though :)
- —Guest CMQLD
I Avoided Cooking Shows
- Not movies, but television. I had problems with certain cooking smells coming from the kitchen. Especially grilled or fried foods. Oddly, even watching cooking shows where they showed cooking food could make me nauseous. Crazy, I know. The mind can be powerful. Even restaurant commercials could upset my tummy.
Anything on Hallmark...
- I cried watching nearly anything on a made for TV movie. I just couldn't stand tear jerker movies.