From the article: What Not to Say When Your Partner Says She's Pregnant
So you utter the words, "I'm pregnant!" What response did you get back? Was it the response that you expected from your partner? Did you show the positive pregnancy test? Were they shocked? Happy? Something else? Share Your Experience
What are you going to do about it?
- What the heck do you mean 'what am I going to do about it'?!?!
- —Guest Ckb
Not the reaction I was expecting...
- I placed my 2 positive HPTs (one digi that said the word "pregnant") on my husband's computer keyboard. When he comes home from work, he goes right to his computer to play games. I waited for a few minutes after he went in, and walked in after him. He had actually moved the tests off of his keyboard without saying a word to me, and started playing his game! I stood there silently for a minute, then he asked me if I had gotten on his computer, because his mouse had been moved! Seriously?! I just walked out of the room. A few minutes later, I walked back in, and he said..."are you sure those are right? Couldn't they be false positives?" We had been trying for 3 months....
No you're not!
- Ha ha very funny, no you're not, holy sh!t, are you serious, oh my god!
- —Guest shan
- My man and I hadn't been using birth control since the birth of our 11 month old and when I told him recently that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive, he said, "Are you f***ing kidding me?" Needless to say, he was rather shocked.
- Despite the fact we'd been trying for months, he said, "How did this happen?" I still don't know if he was in shock or trying to be funny. I broke out in tears and he wrapped me up in his arms and told me how excited he was...
- —Guest Rhinna