My Current Pregnancy
We are currently trying to conceive, will take a pregnancy test next week.
I have two beautiful children, and when we decided to have a third, I thought it would be as easy as the others...I've always gotten pregnant the month we decided to try and had no problems (besides typical nausea, fatigue, etc.) during the pregnancies. We, again, got pregnant within weeks of trying
My Pregnancy Loss
My pregnancy progressed as usual, and I had my first ultrasound at 8 weeks with a precious little heartbeat. But at 12 weeks I went to the bathroom and had a bit of brown discharge. I called my doc and they said it was probably nothing, but I could come to the office to be sure. After two nurses could not find a heartbeat with a doppler, they took me to the ultrasound room where it was confirmed that the heart had stopped. The tech said it looked as though the baby passed at about 9 weeks, 2 1/2 weeks before the spotting. I was devastated.
Deciding to Get Pregnant Again
My husband is amazing, and his support, our Faith, time and reassurance from the doctor got us to the point of deciding to try again. Psychologically I wanted to be sure that if we chose not to try again that it was not due to fear, but also that we didn't try again just to prove we weren't scared. I wanted to get to the point emotionally that I wanted another baby for the same reasons we wanted a third child before, apart from the emotions and fear from the miscarriage...anything else would be unfair to our future child. Our doc gave us the okay to try as soon as we were ready, and we did. The hard part now is putting fear aside and trying to figure out when to take a test (because I have not had a period yet, I'm not sure when to use the test...will just do one every few days for the next couple of weeks).
- Find support (for me it was my God and my sweet husband)
- Don't be afraid to cry or show your emotions--it is a devastating time!
- Let people help you if they offer, especially if you have other children or responsibilities (my mom-in-law stayed with us several days to care for the kids so that my husband and I could go for long walks or out to eat and spend time together talking and healing)
- Be sure you are emotionally ready and secure before trying to conceive again, you want to be whole for that next precious blessing!
- Do something to remember the sweet life lost. We plan to plant a tree close to our house