An IUD (Intrauterine Device) should not change the results of a pregnancy test, since even the ones with hormones don't have hCG in it, which is what a pregnancy test looks for in its processing. Symptoms like pain, bleeding and nausea can be caused by the IUD or hormones that may be in it. You should report to your doctor to ensure that your IUD is correctly placed and to discuss the side effects from your IUD.
More Questions on Pregnancy Tests
- What kind of medicines effect the pregnancy test?
- If I take a test too early can it be wrong?
- What if a positive line came up later?
- How long should I wait between tests?
- What is an evaporation line?
- What is a false positive?
- Do I have to use first morning urine?
- Pregnancy Tests More questions about pregnancy tests.
- 25 Signs of Pregnancy