You may choose to test sooner, knowing that hCG nearly doubles every 48 hours. This is not harmful to anything other than your wallet. Though you may continue to get a negative result until your body builds up enough hCG to turn the test positive, if you are pregnant.
You may also wish to consult with your midwife or doctor about having a blood pregnancy test drawn.
If you continue to get a negative pregnancy test after a week and you have still not started your period, it is wise to have a physical exam by your doctor or midwife to ensure that you are healthy.
More Questions on Pregnancy Tests
- What kind of medicines effect the pregnancy test?
- If I take a test too early can it be wrong?
- What if a positive line came up later?
- What is an evaporation line?
- Will an IUD alter a pregnancy test?
- What is a false positive?
- Do I have to use first morning urine?
- Pregnancy Tests More questions about pregnancy tests.
- 25 Signs of Pregnancy