- Urine sample to screen for sugar and protein
- Record your weight
- Listen for baby's heart beat
- Palpate to check baby's position (vertex, breech, posterior, etc.)
- Measure your fundal height to check baby's growth
- Questions about baby's movements
- Check your blood pressure
The screening guidelines for Group B Strep (GBS) will be done normally between weeks 34-36. It involves a rectal and vaginal swab. You will continue to be seen every other week until about the 36th week of pregnancy. Your visits are fairly routine with very few extra tests being performed.