The Bottom Line
- Gorgeous photography.
- Shots in both stuido and location in Hawaii.
- More photos than previous works.
- Some are bothered by the pregnant nude.
- Great photographs of pregnant nude forms.
- Stunning attention to detail in the fabric and background selection.
- Amazing new location shots in Hawaii on the beach and in the water.
Guide Review - The Ninth Month
Steinmann began photograpghing pregnant nudes many years ago as a passion. Having had three children of her own, she knew the magical powers that the pregnant form held and continued to be fascinated with that form. Her personal knowledge and photographic talent combined to make a magnificent art form that no one else has managed to duplicate.
Women who have had photo shoots with her talk about her motherly ability to set them at ease. Having your photo taken while wearing next to nothing is not something that one does easily. Steinmann's ability to calm the nerves of these mothers is apparent in their tranquil faces and relaxed bodies.
Another job that Steinmann does with an uncanny ability is the selection of back drops, fabrics and locations. Not only would these have the great potential to overwhelm the photo, but they could also distract from art. Her painstaking work to ensure that every piece of fabric is wrinkle free and laid just right across her models is a testament to her work.