The Bottom Line
- Covers your bottom in labor!
- Great feel to the fabric.
- Beads for birth wishes included.
- Skirt ties under your belly where it is difficult to see.
- Binsi comes in a couple of styles and sizes.
- The ties have beads on them to represent different wishes for your labor.
- This makes a great gift for a baby shower or blessingway.
- You don't have to worry about birth getting your clothes messy.
- You could use this for all of your children or purchase one each time to pass down.
- Did I mention it covers you up?
Guide Review - The Original Binsi Skirt
I have to admit that when I tried on the Binsi for the first time, not in labor mind you, I felt a bit like a pregnant cheerleader. During the later part of my pregnancy I wore it on several occasions to test it out as far as a bottom covering. It worked for housekeeping and labor. My rear didn't make any appearances.
It's nice because the belly is not covered by the skirt. It simply sits under the belly. This was nice because I could bare my belly if I felt hot or simply wanted to do so.
When labor finally did arrive I was comfortable and covered. I honestly didn't give it much thought, which in labor is a good thing. I didn't have the worry of what was showing and what wasn't. My doula wasn't running behind me with a towel or robe. And my husband wasn't making plumber jokes. My care providers weren't annoyed by it, in fact they thought it was very "handsome."
It was a fun experiment and worked very well. Fit was a huge concern, pun intended. The fabric didn't rub me and the fit was great, even over my very large belly with baby number seven.