The Bottom Line
- Soft felt outer layer.
- Ribbon to attach the sock to just the right spot.
- Only available with one scent.
- A small felt covered packet used to provide moist heat as pain relief in labor and birth.
- Long ribbon tie to allow the mother to attach the sock to just the right spot.
- Light aromatherapy to help promote relaxation in labor.
Guide Review - Hot Spot Labor Sock by Earth Mama Angel Baby
The extra long ribbon helps you to attach the Hot Spot Sock just where you want it. Or you can alternatively hold it on a spot, which is nice when you want it for during or after a contraction only.
While you might initially look at the smaller size and wonder what the benefit is, I can tell you as a doula, that it's the perfect size for those frequently aching spots in labor like the small of the back or the pubic bone. It's size is also handy because you don't have to use a big product to try to hit a small spot which can leave a laboring mom overheated.
The Hot Spot Labor Sock has many uses after labor as well. It's great for breasts, warming baby's bed or even sore spots later in life. My nearly seven year old has taken to using this for her frequent growing pains. It's always handy to have a product that multitasks like I do.
Other Earth Mama Angel Baby Products: