The Bottom Line
- Step-by-step instructions.
- Fun filled pictures to detail events.
- Pictures are not full color throughout.
- The Blessingway supply checklist is handy for anyone.
- In the After Thoughts section it talks about how to keep up the flow of positive energy and good feelings after baby.
- Great creative ideas from prayer flags, henna painting to belly casting...
Guide Review - Mother Rising: The Blessingway Journey into Motherhood
- Creating New Traditions
- Planning a Blessingway
- Designing Your Ritual
- Ritual Stage 1: Beginning
- Ritual Stage 2: Shifting
- Ritual Stage 3: Focusing
- Ritual Stage 4: Completing
- Ritual Stage 5: Feasting
- Leading a Blessingway
- Tools & Resources
Such level of detail really helps enhance this book and make it very user friendly - even if you've never attended a blessingway, this book can help you create a meaningful event for yourself or a mother-to-be who is special to you.
There is a section on food, including many delicious sounding recipes. Even the process of choosing which foods to create the perfect environment is discussed. Though I admit if I had read that before going to a blessingway I might have snickered to myself, but it's so true!
There are sections about blessings and prayers. These can be used verbatim or can be altered in any manner you wish. This is also the perfect place to bring in special prayers or poetry that the mother-to-be enjoys. There are even some guests who may write their own, just for the mom. This is my favorite part of the whole experience - getting to bestow gifts of love, joy and confidence on the guest of honor.
This book can help you from start to finish.