Knowing if your water or broken is important to your baby's health.
Difficulty Level: average Time Required: 45 minutes
- Put on a clean pair of underwear.
- Line it with toilet paper or a feminine protection pad.
- Lay down for 30 minutes.
- Go to the bathroom and examine the pad.
- If there is a small gush of fluid when you stand, your water is broken.
- If the pad is extremely wet, your water is broken.
- If your pad is only slightly damp, repeat above steps.
- Amniotic fluid is usually a pale fluid, and has more of a bleach smell.
- Many times, especially at the end of pregnancy, urine will leak and be thought to be amniotic fluid.
- Call your doctor or midwife if you have any questions.