Packing for the hospital or birth center is fun and exciting, but you don't want to leave anything behind!
Difficulty Level: easy Time Required: 30 minutes
- Brainstorm a list of things you'll need.
- Check to see what the hospital/birth center provides.
- Gather the things that you don't use every day in one spot. Like a baby book, extra batteries and film.
- Make a list to pack with important phone numbers and addresses.
- Think about things you'll need but use everyday. Examples would be your toothbrush, hair brush, etc. Some people buy extras in case they forget.
- Pack for your partner too! They may need snacks, a change of clothes and toothbrush too.
- Remember to pack comfort items as well as practical things. You may wish for your own pillows, rice sock, massage oils and tools, etc.
- Show your list to some other moms and see if you've forgotten anything.
- Be prepared to grab the everyday items when needed.
- Have fun!
- Pack a bag for labor and one for baby/postpartum. You can leave the postpartum bag in the car so you don't have to haul it around the hospital or birth center.
- Don't bring the kitchen sink. Probably the biggest mistake is bringing more than you really need.
- A Birth Plan - What is that?
- Birth Plan NetLinks
- How to Pack for Labor/Birth
- Is this really labor?
- Labor Netlinks