Advice in pregnancy is some common that it alone should be listed as a symptom along with the expanding belly. In this vein we see Pregnancy myths, or old wives tales, that have been passed on from generation to generation.
Old wives tales abound in pregnancy. Some are hilarious and funny to pass along, while others can be down right dangerous to your health. Urban Legends Guide, David Emery and I have created articles on several different "legends" surrounding, pregnancy, birth and babies.
We hope that you enjoy them and feel free to send us your favorites for inclusion!
- Drano mixed with urine will tell you if you're having a girl or a boy.
- The baby's heart rate will determine the gender.
- You need to drink plenty of water or the baby will get dirty in its sac of water.
- If you hold your hands above your head you'll strangle the baby with the umbilical cord.
- Pregnant women shouldn't take baths.