Pregnancy can cause your mucus membranes to swell. This can make it more difficult to get
rid of coughs, colds, etc. Prevention is key here. Eat well, and get plenty of rest and exercise.
Also avoid people who are contagious if possible.
- Use proper precautions like hand washing
- Avoid people who are ill
- Talk to your practitioner about the flu shot
- Well balanced diet
- Increase Vitamin C foods
- Eating garlic or onions can help with infections
- Zinc and Vitamin C supplements will help increase your resistance
- B vitamins help if you are under stress
- Use a humidifier
- Eucalyptus, lavender, lemon and tea tree: 2 drops of each oil into a bowl of water, inhale steam
for 10 minutes Do not use in conjunction with homeopathic remedies.