I have to say I've been enjoying all of the lists of things you shouldn't post on Facebook. The first one I ever saw was from CBS, just 5 Things You Shouldn't Post on Facebook. Then I got a good laugh out of The Stir's 5 Things Moms Shouldn't Post on Facebook. So I thought I'd take a stab at a fun look at 5 things pregnant women shouldn't post on Facebook:
- Your due date. Don't laugh, but once you post it, everyone else writes it in their calendar as an expiration date, meaning lots of due date stalking should your baby have the audacity to be late.
- Your baby's name. Unless you want to have all 537 friends weigh in on what they think of your baby's name or your chosen spelling, just save it as a surprise.
- Your weight gain. If you post your weight gain, you invite comment about how it's too much, too little, too soon, too late, etc. On a side note, you should also include in this category: your husband's weight and if you lost weight.
- Your birth plan. Statements about when or if you want drugs for your birth are probably not a good idea, same goes for scheduled c-sections, planned inductions and random breaking of the bag of water. It just keeps people yammering on about what they wanted in your comments. This doesn't mean you can't ask for help or suggestions if you really want it, but phrase it in a "helpful comments only please" kind of way.
- Pictures of your pregnancy test. Take that photo for yourself. Think of it as private. We all know it's a photo of your urine. Photos of your stretch marks might also go in this category.
What would you add?
- Social Networking in Labor
- Would you do facebook or twitter in labor? Readers Share
- Pregnancy on Facebook
- Wi-Fi Connection Tutorial
Photo © Dreamstime