World Breastfeeding Week is August 1-7th every year. This year I'm hosting a Blog Carnival on issues surrounding all types of breastfeeding issues, and everyone is invited! What's a blog carnival? A blog carnival is an chance for bloggers to write about a common topic, with the lead blogger connecting all the different pieces together in one single blog post. Anyone can participate in a blog carnival, because the idea is for every participant to bring their own voice and opinion to the conversation.
This year's theme, if you're looking for inspiration, is "Understanding the Past - Planning the Future." If you need ideas for the blog post, please be sure to let me know, I'm happy to brain storm with you, you can join me at Facebook to discuss topics or via twitter. Some ideas include:
- The joys of breastfeeding
- What breastfeeding has taught you as a parent
- A father's look at breastfeeding (or sibling, grandparent, etc.)
- A familial look at breastfeeding history
- Problems you've faced and overcome
- Historical look at breastfeeding fashion
- Breast pumps and everything that goes with it
- Anything else you want to talk about!
Join the carnival by submitting a blog post to me by July 28, and I ask that you add a link back when my blog is published on August 1. Make sure to follow the Health Channel blog carnival rules and send me your blog post link by email at email@example.com. Come back on August 1 for my posting that includes the submissions from all the bloggers who participate.
Photo © WHO/UNICEF